Walk into Satsuma Imports and you’ll see several family pictures hanging from the walls. Owners Mr. and Mrs. Sakai are always busy at work here. Whether it be answering questions about the Japanese makeup line Shiseido, wrapping gifts (a free service of the shop), or ringing up orders, this adorable couple are very helpful to their customers. Satsuma Imports has been open for business for a few decades. The shop items as the store name says are imported from Japan, and they truly make unique and authentic gifts. Some of the most popular gifts are listed below:
1. The Japanese Kimono – If you are looking to buy a vintage silk Kimono, you can purchase one here for roughly $150.00 and there are a variety to choose from.
2. Sake Sets – These make great gifts for friends and family, not to mention to have at home when entertaining.
3. Japanese Dish Sets – These come complete with a set of chopsticks. They are lovely Japanese dish sets that are actually made in Japan, not in China. Be sure to get them wrapped in the fancy wrapping paper before you leave the shop.
4. Tea Pots and Kettles – Beautiful designs and unique items for gifts or to just simply dress up your kitchen with color.
5. Shiseido – Satsuma Imports carries the Japanese line of Shiseido cosmetics and they have two other lines that are not carried in other stores.
When planning your visit, be sure to visit during the week. Shop is not open on weekends.
Satsuma Imports is located at:2029 Sawtelle Blvd Los Angeles, California 90025